- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl;
- Stir in blackberries.
- Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Join The Conversation
This is so delicious. I don't know what possessed me but I did add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Vanilla tends to bring out the flavor and scents in things, and it did with this recipe too. This is the ideal balance of sweet and deliciously tangy-lemony with tart berries. It's the best berry bread recipe I've ever made. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!!