Black Walnut Kuchen
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped black walnuts or 1/4 cup english walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything except your topping ingredients.
- Beat well and thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Spread in a greased cake pan.
- Mix toppings in another bowl.
- Spread toppings on top of cake.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am no longer single. I found me an amazing man and we married, it has been almost 3 years now. My little girl is 13 now and she is amazing. I went to school and got my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and I work for the State as a Parole Officer now. I have realized that I hate cooking. I really do hate it. Luckily I married a man who loves to cook. He hates to bake, and I actually do like to bake. So I am what one would consider a somewhat mediocre baker. I still think about my Zaar Angel all the time. She knows who she is. I do enjoy to crochet, I do that a lot here lately. I use to do counted cross stitch, yet I don't do that anymore. I can't watch TV as well as I can while I crochet.