Black Walnut Apple Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped. (I use Granny Smith Apples)
- 1 cup black walnut, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend eggs, oil, nutmeg, and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour, a little at a time; and blend well.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into tube or bundt cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan after about 30 minutes.
- Punch holes in top of the cake.
- Mix together topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Boil for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Take off the heat and pour topping over cake with a spoon, letting it to seep into the cake holes.
- Brush the sides of the cake with a kitchen brush.
- Let it set for at least 24 hours befor cutting and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello my name is Wesley Taylor and I live in Decatur, Al. I am retired on a disability.