Black Sesame Cupcakes (Or Muffins)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Beat the margarine or butter until it is soft.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the black sesame powder and honey and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg just a little.
- Add to the sugar,butter, and sesame mixture in 2 or 3 additions, or else it will curdle.
- Add the milk.
- Sift together the cake flour and baking powder.
- Fold in the flour to the mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Pour into the muffin liners.
- Add black sesame seeds on top to garnish if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a pretty good recipe. I found the cupcakes a little dry, though I'm willing to admit that the fault might be mine and not the recipe's. With icing on top, the reduced sweetness of these cupcakes was a benefit. Even with partially ground sesame seeds (my blender couldn't get them to a powder) they still had a lovely flavor not too far from poppy seed bread. The resulting gray color could be surprising for someone unfamiliar with black sesame sweets, so be sure to warn unknowing relatives. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sweet Sixteen! Two years until college. looking back, I started to have an interest for cooking two summers ago! I've had successes, and failures with cooking! That's the fun of cooking! You try until you find what your tastebuds want. OK here's what I'm gonna make in 2006 1. Black sesame desserts 2. Banana desserts 3. sweet potato desserts 4. use okara 5. green tea dishes (that are exotic)