Black Rice Mousse
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Posted by request. Time does not include soaking for the rice.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces black rice
- 8 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces dried fruit, of your choosing
- 1 cup coconut milk (evaporated milk may be substitued in a pinch)
- 1 pinch salt
- To prepare coconut cream, heat coconut milk and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until just boiling.
- Soak rice in water for at least 1 hour, then cook in saucepan over medium heat.
- If you have soaked your rice for an hour this should take about 10 minutes, if you soaked it longer, it will take less time and if you have soaked it for a shorter period it will take longer.
- At the end of the cooking, the rice should be soft, creamy and chewy.
- Stir in dried fruit and sugar and let cook for another 15 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- (You may want to reduce the heat at this point.) Serve hot or cold with coconut cream poured over the top.
- You may want to stir more before serving to get however creamy of a texture you would like from your mousse.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION