Black Raspberry Almond Birthday Cakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cute! from a food blog
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup almonds or 3/4 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 pint fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries or black raspberries)
- powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 6-cup oversize (Texas) muffin tins with softened butter and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Beat in the extracts.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and mixing just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon batter evenly into 10 cups of the muffin tins (pour water 3/4 full into the 2 empty muffin cups for even baking) and bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool pans on a rack 15 minutes before turning cakes out to cool completely.
- Top with berries and dust with sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION