Black Pepper Strawberries-And-Cream Gelly Shots (Jello Shots)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup bols strawberry liqueur or 1/4 cup chamborde raspberry liqueur
VANILLA CREAM LAYER
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- Lightly coat 32 mini muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- To make strawberry layer, add strawberries to a blender; process until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing with back of a spoon, collecting juice in a liquid measuring cup (you should have about 1 cup juice). Combine strawberry juice, sugar, lemon juice, and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over juice mixture; allow to stand and soften 1 minute. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until gelatin and sugar dissolve completely.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in vodka and strawberry liqueur. Pour mixture evenly into 32 muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon per cup). Place pan in refrigerator; refrigerate 30 to 35 minutes.
- To make cream layer, combine half-and-half, sugar, vodka, vanilla seeds, and pod in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pod; discard. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over liquid; allow to stand and soften 1 minute. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar and gelatin dissolve completetly. Set aside to cool 3 minutes. Pour cream mixture evenly over strawberry mixture in cups. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Rim a sharp paring knife around the edges of cups to loosen jello. Place jelly roll pan on top of each muffin pan; carefully invert jello shots onto pan. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!