Black Eyes of Texas Casserole
This is an easy recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 16 corn tortillas, cut in strips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute ground beef and onions and until ground beef is lightly brown and onions are translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients except tortillas and cheese.
- Spread 1/3 of meat mixture in 9x13 baking dish. Alternate layers between tortillas and meat mixture beginning and ending with meat mixture. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Good and very easy comfort food recipe. I was looking to find a recipe similar to one my boyfriend talks about his grandmother making (unfortunately, I never got to meet her or taste it... I'm shooting in the dark!), with the same name, sadly, this wasn't it. I made it with no changes: it was good, easy, cheap, and filling. Thanks!Reply