Black Currant Liqueur, Liqueur De Cassis
If you have your own black currants make this lovely liqueur. Great for baking and cooking.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs black currants, with a few leaves (about 7 cups)
- 4 cups brandy or 4 cups eau de vie
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Put the bunches of black currants, with their leaves, in a wide mouthed glass jar or a stoneware bottle.
- Pour in the alcohol, cover tightly and let macerate for about two months.
- Drain the flavored alcohol from the fruit.
- Mix the SUGAR and WATER, and bring just to a boil.
- Cool this syrup and add it to the alcohol.
- Bottle and cork.
- Keep the bottles of liqueur for one month before opening.
- To make about 2 quarts.
- Je Sais Faire Les Conserves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fantastic!!! I have a red currant bush so I used my harvest from it. It is a beautiful color. It tastes wonderful. I drink it straight up. It's so smooth I don't even need to use a mixer. Everyone who has tried it, likes it. I am planning on making more next season to give as gifts b/c it is so popular!Reply
see 1 more