Black Currant Jam
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Savour the flavour of summer with this easy Black Currant Jam. Fresh black currants, sugar and pectin are cooked briefly for scrumptious homemade jam.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups stemmed fully ripe black currants (about 2 qt.)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 (57 g) box Certo, pectin crystals
- Crush currants thoroughly, one layer at a time. Press half of pulp through a sieve to remove some of the seeds. Place pulp in large saucepan; add water. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add pectin crystals; mix well. Bring to full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir and skim foam for 5 minute to prevent fruit from floating to top.
- Pour immediately into warm sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of rims. Seal while hot with sterilized two-piece lids with new centres. Let stand at room temperature until set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION