Black Currant and Primitivo Wine Jam
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 fluid ounces red wine (I used Doppio Passo Botter Primitivo Salento IGT)
- 3 cups black currant juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (I used blood orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Cook the wine, juices, currants and sugar over medium heat until reduced by half and syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk together the arrowroot and water and add to the syrupy mixture.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thick.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"