Black Chicken Soup
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 silkie aka black chicken, skinned, removed head and feet, quartered
- slabs of salt and white pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of hsao hsing hua diao rice wine
- 6 cups water, 50% filled in a large pot (about 1500ml)
- 20 g , ginseng
- 15 g , wolfberries about 1 tablespoon
- 10 g , chinese angelicae root dang gui
- 5 g , rhizoma chuan xiong
- 6 g , liquorice root
- 10 g dried longans
- Boil a pot of water over medium - high heat.
- 2) When boiled, add in chicken and Chinese herbs. Bring all ingredients to a boil again. Then, reduce heat to low fire, and simmer for 1 - 1.5 hour.
- 3) Add rice wine right before heat off. Stir briefly to combine. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!