Black Bean Salad
photo by cookiedog
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh preferred but frozen or canned can be substituted)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped (for less heat substitute a green pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 9 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the beans, corn, red pepper, onion and poblano pepper.
- Sprinkle in cilantro.
- Set aside.
- In small jar mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, shallots, cayenne pepper, salt, cumin and shake.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fresh and light. Good combination. It was too much for the two of us (even after I had halved the recipe) so there was some left for the next day. I would however not recommend keeping the salad for long. It was OK the next day but almost "over the hill". No, eat and enjoy it the same day you make it. Made exactly as stated, no changes needed. Made and reviewed for RSC#11. Thanks for posting.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"