Black Bean Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped (can use canned)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips (optional) or cracker (optional)
- Place chilies, onions, garlic and beans in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on medium-high speed until almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into small bowl. Stir in yogurt, cumin and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, or heat in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers, or use in burritos, tacos, etc.
Join The Conversation
This was quick, easy and delicious. I cut the recipe in half, used jalepenos for the chilis and served it warm with chopped onion and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla. It made a wonderful lunch for my sister and I. It would be super served with tortilla chips too. It will be on the menu for my next familly gathering.