Black Bean & Cabbage over Rice
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained til water runs clear
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- plain yogurt or sour cream
- cilantro, chopped
- Saute the first 3 ingredients until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the rinsed and drained beans.
- Gently saute the beans with cabbage-onion mixture for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve over individual bowls of brown rice, top with yogurt or sour cream and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 6 more reviews
This was very good. I accidentally opened a can of kidney beans instead of black beans, so in they went, as did thyme in place of the cilantro. I also threw in a few dashes of red pepper sauce for some heat, and I threw a cup of wild rice I had leftover in the fridge. Delish! Thanks for a great recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>