Black Bean Burger With Sriracha Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious fusion of flavors. Patties may be made in advance and refrigerated. Of course, the sauce is optional.
- Ready In:
For the Burgers
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup green bell peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (enough to hold together)
- salt and pepper
- ciabatta rolls or toasted bun
For the Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
Other Optional Toppings
- avocado, slices
- alfalfa sprout
- monterey jack cheese or provolone cheese
- For the sauce: Combine yogurt, Sriracha and cilantro. Set aside.
- Add to a food processor the black beans, green peppers, garlic cloves, and red onion. Pulse until pureed. I prefer to leave a few semi-whole beans. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add to the bean mixture: the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add the panko and mix to combine.
- Preheat grill pan or skillet on medium-high heat.
- Form patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to rolls and top with Sriracha sauce and toppings, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We were looking for a recipe for dinner and as sriracha addicts, we clicked on this one -- and loved this recipe! We had a large can of black beans and ended up doubling the recipe, which meant we needed to puree it a little longer to incorporate everything, so it was all smooth before forming patties. Lots of flavor, delicious. Put the extras in the freezer for quick lunches, an added bonus.1Reply