Black Bean and Corn Salad With Grilled Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a wonderfully colorful and flavorful salad. It was given to me by my friend Mary. If you leave out the chicken it can be a side dish. It can be served as directed, or over a bed of lettuce.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (sliced or minced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together, and marinate chicken at least one hour, more flavorfull the longer you marinate.
- Mix salad ingredients in large bowl, adding oil and lime juice last.
- Grill chicken, slice into strips, serve on top of salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION