Black Bean and Chorizo Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 links spanish chorizo sausage, diced (about 6 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3 (14 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- Remove 2 chiles from can; finely chop, reserving remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chiles, 1 3/4 cups onion, bell peppers, garlic, and chorizo; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients (chili powder through corn), stirring to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, salt, and black pepper.
- Ladle 1 cup chili into each of 12 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon onion. Serve with tortilla chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note