Bisquick Baked Reuben Sandwich
Reubens are my kids' favorite sandwich. This is easier and much less messy than making them the traditional way.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1⁄2 lb sliced deli corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup deli-style mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, egg and 1 teaspoon of the caraway seed with fork until blended. Spread 1 cup batter in baking dish.
- Brush corned beef slices with mustard; layer on top of batter in baking dish. Top evenly with cheese and sauerkraut. Carefully spread remaining batter over sauerkraut. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon caraway seed.
- Bake uncovered 28 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with Thousand Island dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a decent, easy weeknight meal. It goes together quickly without a lot of fuss. However, I can't quite see how a recipe that requires measuring cups, mixing utensils, a baking pan, and serving utensils is less messy than the usual preparation. The Reuben flavor is good, but the bisquick crust is quite thick, which means there is less of an impact from the usual amount of filling. If I make it again, I will increase the filling ingredients, especially the cheese, and cut smaller pieces to serve.Reply