Biscuit-Crust Spinach Ground Beef Bake
- Ready In:
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) containers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury is good for this)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat; add in the ground beef with onion, garlic, chili peppers and jalapeno pepper (if using) cook until meat is well browned; drain fat.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs with spinach and mushrooms; mix well to combine.
- Stir in the feta (or Monterey Jack) Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt and black pepper and the gound beef mixture; mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the preapred biscuit crust.
- Drizzle with melted butter, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!