MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a simple, no frills biscotti. quick, easy and one of my favorite Italian cookie recipes. The recipe calls for anise, but I will usually use almond extract in place of the anise.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon anise extract or 1 tablespoon anise oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and anise flavoring until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- When The cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION