Birthday Lasagna (Originally Called "worth It Lasagna"
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
2 casseroles, 12 servings each
- 2 (26 ounce) jars meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed (I just use 2lbs pre ground Italian turkey instead, so I dont have to bother removing casings from li)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (15 ounce) cartons ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (24 ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 18 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 6 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 5 large tomatoes, slice
- In a Dutch oven, bring first five ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in raisins and Italian seasoning; add to sauce. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until moisture has evaporated. Stir into sauce. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, spinach and grated Parmesan; set aside.
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer 1-1/3 cups sauce, half of a package of ravioli, 1-1/3 cups sauce, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, six half slices of provolone, 1 cup Monterey Jack and 2-1/2 cups spinach mixture.
- Top each with six half slices of provolone, 1 cup Monterey Jack, 1-1/3 cups sauce, remaining ravioli and sauce, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, six half slices of provolone, sliced tomatoes and remaining Monterey Jack (dishes will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!