Bird's Ultimate Taco Salad
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces Doritos, Nacho Cheese Flavor
- 1 (16 ounce) can hormel chili with beans
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (about 1/4 head)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Onto two plates (or 1 if sharing a plate), arrange Doritos.
- Heat chili, and pour over doritos. Top with half the cheese, then lettuce, then tomatoes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream onto each serving, then sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We got home late Saturday and I wanted a quick, lite dinner. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't measure the cheese. I also let each person pick their topping as one doesn't like sour cream, the other doesn't like tomatoes LOL. We all enjoyed our individual meals! This was quick and easy to make.
Simple, delicious, and very filling - what more can I say? :) I couldn't find cans of chili, just individual microwavable serving containers, but those were perfect for making one serving at a time. I agree with a previous reviewer that taco meat or homemade chili would also be great in this. Thanks for the great dinner - I'm stuffed!
This was so good.... It was quick and easy and my family loved it.... For a working mom, this is the ideal supper..... I prepared this exactly as directed with the addition of Recipe#291466 #291466.... You could add many great taco ingredients to this recipe.... Black olives would be good and maybe jalapenos for a little kick..... Will be making again....