Big Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure bourbon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces ghiradelli double chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix to combine. Do not over mix or you will have tough cookies.
- Add the chocolate chips in by hand and stir.
- With an ice cream scoop that is medium sized scoop batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets after 1 minute and let cool on cooling racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's a keeper! The only substitution I made was I used Target brand mini chocolate chips. The cookies have been sitting out for over 2 hours uncovered and it's still soft and chewy. There's a burst of chocolate chip in every bite. Very moist in the middle. Goes perfect with vanilla bean ice cream as well.
see 5 more reviews