Big Fruit Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1 medium honeydew melon
- 2 mangoes
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 kiwi fruits
- 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- Cut the 2 melons in half, then scrap out the innards.
- Cut into 1/4's then 1/8's.
- Fillet from the skin and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Toss into a BIG mixing bowl.
- Peel the mangoes and cut from the core then cut the two bigger pieces in half and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Toss into the BIG mixing bowl.
- Wash the berries, and cut the tops off the strawberries and cut the big ones into halves of quarters.
- Toss into the BIG mixing bowl, then toss all the ingredients together.
- Peel and slice the kiwis into 1/4-inch rounds and place around the edges of the bowl for presentation.
- On the small holed side of your cheese grater (or with a micro plane), zest 2 of the limes and then place the zest in a small bowl.
- Juice all 4 of the limes into the bowl with the zest and then whisk in the sugar.
- Pour over the fruit salad and let sit for at least 4 hours before serving.
Join The Conversation
Wow! This is a huge delicious fruit salad. Although I cut the recipe down a bit by skipping the cantalope, using only 4 kiwies and 3 limes (but used the remaining ingredients as listed) we loved this simple-to-make fruit salad, which is a bit different from the usual fruit salads we make. Although we had it with supper, this will also be perfect for breakfast with some cottage cheese and/or for lunch. Thanks for sharing - we will be having this often this summer!