Big Brothers Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (concentrate)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (only if you like them HOT)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt)
- 16 chicken wings, joints
- In a small bowl or zip lock bag mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper (optional) and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass bowl or zip lock bag and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated on all sides. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or fry daddy to 375° F the oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for about 8 minutes, or until they float up and wings turn golden brown. Drain and place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was fantastic! These made the crispest little wings. I ended up baking them off in the oven because I didn't have time to fry them up and it worked just fine, they were nice and crispy the flour really had a great flavor to it and it really made a difference in cooking of the wings. This was made for Fall PAC 2008.