photo by Panda-San
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package spinach
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced (a second can is optional, depending on the recipe you follow )
- 1 lb fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small-to-medium onion
- Layer salad ingredients in order listed below.
- Half (1/2) Package Spinach
- Six (6) Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
- One (1) Can Bean Sprouts, drained
- 1-2 Cans Water Chestnuts, drained and sliced (optional, depending on the recipe you follow
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Mix dressing in blender and pour over salad.
- Keep all ingredients refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
My mom knew Betty when she worked as a cook at The French Quarter in Perrysburg Ohio. Betty's 1st restaurant, "TIMKOS SOUP & SUCH" was across the street from the hotel. Betty gave this recipe to my mom who in turn gave it to me in the early 70's. It was one of my first recipes and has been "the" dish I have to bring to all family gatherings.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, my name is Scott Burkett and I live in Toledo, Ohio. I work for a Solution Service based Company DHL in the Logistics and Parts Inventory Account handling end of the business with over 67 warehouses I am responsible for. I am single dad of 2 wonderful grown children. A girl and a boy the best of both worlds and I have always been the cook of the house even when I was married. I wanted to go and study in New York after high school but time has passed me by. I continually read, watch TV, or surf the internet for new ideas. I love to try new things.