Better Than Max and Erma's White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces white chocolate chunks (chips will do, but chunks are better for texture and taste)
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped coarsely)
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (whole)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Add eggs, beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Stir in white chocolate and macadamias.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
- Roll into balls and place on silpat or greased cookie sheet/foil.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (adjust as necessary based on actual size of your cookies).
- Let cool for a couple minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have not had Max and Erma's cookies so cannot compare these to them; I can say that these are very good! I made 1/2 the recipe as written and got 32 small cookies. Not too sweet and the chocolate chunks are better because the didn't melt so you got as big bite of white chocolate in almost every bite. Made for PRMR.
Absolutely wonderful! Made for when my son & DIL were over, & my son & I packed away quite a few, although we left enough for them to take a handful or two back home with them! White chocolate & these nuts make a great combo, & I have them on schedule to make several more times before the end-of-year holidays when . . . Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]