" Better Than a Baked Potato" Soup
photo by I Cook Therefore I
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 large red potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces
- white pepper
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- cheddar cheese
- crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Put potatoes in soup pot along with onion, celery, and chicken broth. If there is not enough broth to cover the veggies, add a little water.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- If you like thicker soup, drain off SOME of the liquid. If you like thinner soup, leave it as is and proceed.
- Use a potato masher to mash up the spuds. Mash more or less depending on how creamy or chunky you like your soup.
- Add white pepper, salt, and Liquid Smoke to taste.
- Add sour cream and Velveeta, heat and stir until cheese melts. Dip the soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with shredded cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon bits.
- Eat and smile :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like food. Specifically, I like pie.?