Better Macaroni and Cheese from a Box!
- Ready In:
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water until it's as tender as you'd like it.
- Drain the macaroni in a colander, set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, melt the 1/8 cup margarine, then add the cheese powder. Stir until smooth with a wire whisk.
- Add the 3/4 cup of milk, a little bit at a time, mixing it with the wire whisk, like you were making gravy, stirring constantly over medium heat. As it thickens up, add some more milk until all the milk is added. Bring the mixture up to the point of boiling so that it's thick. Then add the cheese and whisk again until smooth and melted.
- Now remove from heat and add the drained macaroni. You're ready to serve and your macaroni will be creamy instead of that yellow runny stuff around your noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a small business owner, I operate Northern Tropics Greenhouse in Muncie, IN. I sell produce seasonally at our greenhouse, and Minnetrista Farmers Market in Muncie on Weds nights from 4-6 and Saturday mornings from 8-12. <br>I'm a mother of 5, and we had to learn how to be frugal with our food budget, and so I learned how to can, grow my own food, and preserve what I grew. <br>I have some of my favorite recipes listed on my business website as a service to my friends and customers, also.