Betsy's Creamy Jalapeno Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) packages yellow cornbread mix (those 3 for $1 ones - Martha White is good, or your favorite brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 - 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno slices (more if you want some heat)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- (Can also make muffins if desired).
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add the milk.
- Mix in the cornbread mix until you have a smooth batter (but don't overbeat).
- Add onion, cheese, corn and jalapenos.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- (Muffins may bake a little faster).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Sugar Land, Texas. I love to try new recipes. My husband jokes that if he likes something, I never make it again for 6 months! My children are very picky, but do have their favorites that I try to include in our menu more often than every 6 months.