Best Vegetarian Chili Ever
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is weight watchers friendly recipe. I got it from another site. I tried it last week and could not stop eating it. I make it once a week, filling dinner with some crackers or bread rolls
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (Italian with herbs is good)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope chili seasoning mix (less if you don't like it too spicy)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice and all
- Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot; stir.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Notes: You can throw in half a jar of salsa if you like, whatever you find handy in the kitchen.
- If you do not have crockpot, it works fine on top of the stove.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I enjoyed this, though I would have prefered a measurement for the amount of pineapple because I used the can I had which I think was too big. So this became quite a sweet stew. Now, I thought it was very tasty, but others thought it was too sweet. Nice combo of flavors though. Next time I'll cut the pineapple back some. Oh, and I cooked it on high for 3 hours which worked out just fine!Reply
great, great chilli! i followed the recipe exactly, using mushrooms that i had sauteed in olive oil and garlic the day before. do not leave the mushrooms or pineapple out; i feel that the mushrooms make up for no meat, giving it a really nice texture and the pineapple really compliments the chilli seasoning. the pineapple doesnt overpower. it is an extremely subtle taste. i used the hottest chili seasoning packet there was on the store shelf. very very easy to make; delicious taste and will definitly use this recipe for one of my weekly meals.Reply