Best Stovetop or Crockpot Spaghetti
photo by Candys Camp Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (ground beef or mixture of each)
- 2 teaspoons bottled garlic, minced or 3 cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, petite drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 -4 cups cooked spaghetti
- Stovetop: brown meat, onion, and garlic until the meat is done, drain.
- Let meat cool and crumble. Add meat mixture to a large saucepan, add all of the dry ingredients, except for the bay leaf and stir to combine.
- Once combined, add tomato paste, mix together well. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Add bay leaf, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf, add cooked spaghetti, and mix well.
- Crockpot: Combine all of the ingredients except for bay leaf and meat. Mix well then add the bay leaf. Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the browned and crumbled meat of your choice. Cook for 1 more hour, add the cooked spaghetti.
- Serve with your choice of cheese if desired and garlic bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, my name is Candy. I love to cook and camp. While at either place I am always trying new ideas for food. I also love to crochet, it is relaxing. I am the mother of 2 boys, nana to 4 boys, mom to Franklin Buffett our shichon (teddy bear)