Best Smoked Salmon Brine Ala Poppie
- Ready In:
- Dissolve the salt and sugar in apple cider or juice, then add more apple cider/juice to 'cover' the fish. Yes, they float, it's okay, just try to turn them if you can now and again.
- Let them soak for about 6 hours. Drain and rinse them.
- Here's the important part: Dry them off and leave them uncovered in the fridge for at least 4 hours, more hours the better.
- This time allows the brined fish to form a "pellicle" on the brined part which takes the smoke flavor.
- Now smoke the fish for whatever you usually do. YUM.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)