Best Sausage Gravy for Biscuits and Gravy
I am posting this recipe so I will never lose it again.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Gradually stir in milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this recipe this morning. It was very simple and easy. I did use a 1/2c of half and half and the rest 1% milk. I used the half & half because I didn't think the 1% was enough fat for this gravy, I usually use 2% for gravy. This was rich and thick and was wonderful over biscuits! Great recipe!Reply
see 9 more