Best Ever Wheat Bread!
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is easy and very healthy! Requires no special equipment or bread mixer. Just a large bowl and your hands!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 7 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 5 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons instant yeast
- 7 -9 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Mix whole wheat flour, honey, oil, warm water, and yeast.
- Let set for 15 minutes, until yeast starts to rise.
- Add white flour and salt. (Start with 7-8 cups and up to nine may be added as you see necessary. Especially as you are kneading the dough).
- Knead for about 5 minutes by hand or in mixer (i.e. kitchen aide).
- Let rise until doubled in size.
- Shape into 4 loaves and rise to desired size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from bread pan after a few minutes and allow to cool on rack.
- **TIP: you may want to flour bread pans so the bread comes out easier.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION