Best Ever Tuna Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise (or add more to taste)
- 1 apple, large chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 celery ribs, meduim to small chopped fine, without leaves
- 2 large dill pickles
- 2 -3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1. Empty tuna and packing water into a bowl. Break up the tuna until it is in fine shreds.
- 2. Add the rest of the fruit and vegetables and mix well.
- 3. Add mayo and pickle juice and you're done!
- Mixture should be nicely damp, Perfect for sandwiches or crackers!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you so much for trying one of my recipes (Green Breans with Cherry Tomatoes). I am so glad you enjoyed them. Whenever someone tries one of my recipes, I like to return the favor by trying one of their recipes. So I decided to try this one and boy am I glad I did. This is fabulous!!! We loved the chopped apple in this tuna salad. It added a nice texture and lovely sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, ellison52, and again thanks for trying one of my recipes.
I can't say if this is the "best ever" tuna salad, but it's really, realy tasty! I loved the flavor and texture combinations. I made this just as written, using a gala apple. A perfect tuna salad for kids and adults. It's terrific just as written, but I think adding dill or curry powder would put this right over the top. You could add a different herb/spice each time you make this. Thanx for an awesome tuna salad recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in the heat of Texas can be challenging. Especially so when our motto is the spicier, the better! Getaways to more temperate weather is always a treat. We have been to Germany where all we saw to eat was sausage and bread, (not my style) Spain and Portugal where fish is king. Never in a million years did I ever think I would be able to travel to Europe. <br> <br>But back here at home with my three siamese cats, my jewelry studio, and my new house I am trying to decorate, life is busy and full. Remember to thank God for all your blessings.