Best Ever Spinach Caesar Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Total 30 min; 6 servings
- Ready In:
- 1 large egg
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces parmesan cheese, 3 ounces finely grated and 7 ounces coarsely shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups, * Ace wholewheat is good)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 lb Baby Spinach (8 cups)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the egg and cook for 5 minutes, until soft-boiled. Remove the egg with slotted spoon and crack it into a blender, using a small spoon to scoop out all of the egg yolk and white. Add the anchovies, lemon juice, whole garlic clove and mustard and blend until smooth. With your machine on, add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a thin stream. Add two thirds of the finely grated Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the baguette cubes with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the remaining finely grated Parmesan along with the paprika and minced garlic and toss to coat. Spread the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, until crisp and golden, watching carefully. Let cool slightly.
- 3. In the same large bowl, toss the spinach with the dressing, croutons and the shredded Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to salad plates. Enjoy!
- * Add a little extra oil, if dressing is too thick for you.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION