Best Ever Salsa
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Put all ingredients into blender and mix or pulse until blended.
- Do not liquify.
- Note: Seeds in peppers determine heat so remove if you like mild salsa. I use 2 peppers and seeds from one for medium to hot salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
For such a simple prep, this salsa is outstanding. Reminds me of my favorite fresh salsa at my favorite authentic Mexican restaurant. Because you do pulse it in a blender, it's easy to add fresh tomatoes for even fresher flavor. For me, the cilantro is key to giving it that freshy fresh taste that keeps people standing around the bowl. Thanks Golfcrazy!
This is a really great salsa, especially because it's so easy to make! I went light on the onions and cilantro and used 2 jalapenos, seeds and all. This tasted good right off the bat but was really great after sitting in the 'fridge for a couple of hours. Thanks for posting your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've just retired and now have time for my favorite hobbies - golf and cooking! Love to try new recipes and share my favorites. My friends keep telling me I should cater but that's too much like work. I wouldn't have time to enjoy life.</p>