Best Ever Guacamole
I have made this guacamole for years and never seem to eat any at parties, 'cuz it's GONE! So easy to make, enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4 avocados, almost dead ripe
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, La Victoria, medium strength
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped, fine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut in half, seed and peel all avocados. With one of those tomato slicer things (multiple blades in a frame with a handle), slice all the avocados long-wise and then reslice them cross-wise (drop into bowl as you do the slicing).
- Add the other ingredients and "mush" everything together.
- Keep it a bit chunky, serve with chips or on top of sandwiches, etc. Try some before it goes out to the masses, or you may not get any (that's why there's no picture, either)!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When I saw the title of this, I was curious... you see, I've been married 35 years to my hispanic hubby, and discovered a few years ago that everything his mama put in guacamole already existed in bottled chunky salsa :) We "happen" to prefer either La Victoria, Rosarita, or Herdez brands, since they include cilantro and "don't" include funky non-Mexi ingredients like green pepper. I've taken to using lime juice instead of lemon for a bit tangier version, but either is good. The only thing I've noticed is that this guac doesn't "keep" as well as those made with fresh ingredients -- but that's okay cuz there's rarely any left!Reply