Best Ever Easy Spanish Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 cup jasmine rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 knorr caldo de tomate bouillon cube (or similar Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor cube)
- In a microwave-safe dish (I use a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup), add 2 cups water and 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate bouillon cube. Microwave for 2 minutes to heat water. Use a wooden spoon to carefully crush and mix the cube of bouillon in the water. It does not have to be perfectly mixed in, but you do want to get it dissolved.
- In a 4-quart or larger saucepan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add uncooked jasmine rice and to the pan, and stir constantly until rice is browned slightly. This should take about 1 minute.
- Add the water carefully, and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, fluff rice with a wooden spoon. If the rice looks too damp, leave uncovered and allow to cook for a few more minutes while stirring to prevent burning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for Fall PAC 2011 and I did add a few diced onions and garlic to the rice as I browned the rice. On the water you have the water listed twice (2 cups) which makes it 4 cups total to l cup of rice. I used l cup of rice to about 1 1/2-2 cups of water. Next time I might add some oregano for some more flavor. As is and with the changes it was quite good and went well with Tomato Chicken#315439.