Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe With Variations
photo by AKA_Muddee
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well for about another 45 seconds.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coffee together. Add the sifted ingredients into the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in your chocolate chips. Form the dough into rather large balls and place it on the cookie sheet, 3-inches apart. Press it down to make a 2-inch wide thick but slightly flat disc.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Let cool on the sheets for about 4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to totally cool off.
- Variations: chocolate-chocolate chip cookies - add 1/4 cup cocoa to the sifted ingredients.
- You can also use peanut butter chips, or using the chocolate-chocolate version, Make white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies. The variations are endless!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and this is it! The flavour was perfect and they ended up nice and crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside (they also didn't go rock hard the next day). With my oven I had to add an extra 5 minutes to the cook time. I'll be doing some variations on these in the future I think the dough will work well with many other add-ins.
Very yummy cookies - I only added 1 cup of chocolate chips and replaced the other 1/2 cup with chopped pecans and almonds. I really liked the crunch that added - plus I thought 1 cup of chocolate was plenty. I omitted both the vanilla and coffee to have the chocolate flavor come out more. Will certainly make these again!
This is an excellent recipe!! Everyone who tasted them loved them. I added a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter and they were perfect. My husband doesn't like coffee, so for his, I put in a little almond extract and a dash of lemon grind along with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. To die for! Since that turned out so well, I decided to try adding the almond along with the other spices (except the lemon grind) to my cookies with the coffee powder and they turned out perfectly. The taste was heavenly and with 4 people in the house, they were gone within hours (my husband even finished up his and ate some of mine with the coffee in them!) Thanks for the great recipe!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
my flickr page: http://flickr.com/photos/tunasushi Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to look @ my profile :) I'll be 15 on the 11th of September 2006....Ive been using Zaar for quite a while now and I've made tons of friends so far...... I started cooking when I was umm....12 and a half and Ive been in love with it ever since...My first project was the classic batch of brownies. I used a pan that was too big and I got really really flat brownies.....For the frosting I used granulated sugar and had crunchy frosting haha..... Ive gotten much better since then! I tend to get discouraged very easily if something I make does not come out like it was expected to....I can even get depressed over it..... I have plans on going to Le Courdon Bleu Sydney in mid 2008 and completing the Grand Diploma there...... This is my cat Kiara. I found her in the backyard when I was 10, and I started feeding her toast and grape jelly. She's on a normal cat's diet now haha. <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/kiaraaaa.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> This is Pluto, and sadly he went missing just before Christmas.... <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/PlutO.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> The small pic is when I was 4, and the other is a recent pic :) <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/ff.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/meme.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> Lookin a bit mad...hehe