Best Ever Chocolate Cake (From Sorrento)
This is from the Sorrento Ricotta cheese container, and Buddha asked me to post it.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (guessing the ounces here)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate (premium)
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of two 9-inch cake pans.
- Mix all ingredients on low for 1 minute. Then on high for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl. Pour batter between the two pans. Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate over simmering water until smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Whisk sour cream into melted chocolate. Frost and garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is the BEST chocolate cake ever. I don't like store bought cakes b/c the frosting is greasy. This is a very rich and not overly sweet cake. One small slice suffices. It's rich and decadent. This frosting is MY FAVORITE. It's so very simple and soooo yummy. It doesn't leave your mouth feeling greasy like the cans/store bought/butter cream does. I make it in two layer pans. Typically, I don't like cake mix cakes either (I'm not picky, but I love to bake so mixes are a no no for me usually!) and I can't believe this is a tweaked box mix!!! Make sure you buy the Devil's Food Cake mix!Reply
Cake or frosting did not come out great. The cake just taste like the box cake, nothing special. Adding 1 cup of ricotta to a box recipe does not significantly change it's taste. Should have followed my gutt instinct. Same goes for the frosting. The melted chocolate did not blend well with the sour cream. The flavor was not anything great either and tasted odd. I ended up dumping it and made a traditional icing recipe I had. I Followed recipe exactly as written. Will not make again.Reply
see 3 more