Best Ever Cajun Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, canned, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce, bottled
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion and garlic in chicken broth until soft.
- Stir in red peppers, tomato paste, chili sauce and Cajun spices.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sauteed onion mixture and bread crumbs.
- Form into a loaf shape and place into ungreased loaf pan.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons of chili sauce.
- Bake until cooked through, 40-50 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook! These days, life is so busy having two little ones and running a business out of our home, so cooking needs to be simple and easy. Dinner time is when the whole family sits down together and we have family time. A good meal really increases our fun together. <br> <br>A big goal of mine in cooking is keeping fat and calories down. If I can find a tasty meal that is healthy too, I hang onto the recipe and make a habit of whipping it up often!