Best-Ever Bolognese Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes (1 drained)
- 2 (680 ml) cans pasta sauce (PRIMO orginal works best)
- 2 1⁄4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In large stock pot, cook beef, onions, carrots & green pepper on medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook 3 - 5 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT whipping cream.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 - 30 minutes stirring frequently and breaking up tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon on the side of the pot.
- Stir in cream; heat through.
- Serve over pasta.
- Freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!