The very best way to make your burgers! Nice and juicy, and very easy! Adapted from a recipe on "Sara's Secrets" on Food Network. Also good on the grill.Yum!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons steak sauce or 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce (I prefer steak sauce)
- Mix ingredients well. You may also choose to add some steak seasoning to taste to give it a little extra zip.
- Shape into 5-6 patties.
- Place into a preheated skillet, cook on medium heat 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Sometimes you will need to add oil to the pan before preheating to keep the meat from sticking and burning.
- Top with your choice of cheese and place on bun with toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've tried dozens of burger recipes on this and other sites, and I must say that this is the first I've gotten an unprompted, "This is a really good burger" from my husband. I used Bull's Eye original barbecue sauce and was worried I'd get an overwhelming barbecue flavor that would be a weird pairing with the mustard and ketchup, but you couldn't put a finger on what the "secret" ingredient was. Best of all, this is simple, healthy, and uses ingredients I always have on hand. Will definitely be my go-to burger from here on out. Thanks so much!
Loved these burgers! I cooked them inside since we have been having rainy cold weather and not able to grill. Added some olive oil to the pan to help with sticking, used dried minced onion, and Heinz steak sauce. Great flavor, perfect for us! Toasted the buns and topped with a sliced tomato, a dollop of mayo and romaine lettuce. Cant wait to make these on the grill. Thank you Amanda Beth for postng this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Secret Ingredient tag game in the game forum.