Best Applesauce Ever
photo by kpainter_13037402
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 lbs apples (6-9 medium apples)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Peel, Core and quarter apples.
- Place in crockpot add juice- Cook on High 4-5 hours or low overnight.
- Add vanilla extract cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Thats it!
- Serve hot w/ vanilla ice cream for a treat or cold as a side dish. I mix it with unflavored yogurt or oatmeal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent recipe! I love the complexity the orange juice and vanilla add to the flavor. I like my applesauce sweet, so I added about 3/4 c. brown sugar plus about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. I also made this on the stovetop, so it was done in around an hour. The second time, I used a large pot and tripled the recipe to have some for canning. I used a mixture of different apples: Jonathan, MacIntosh, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith, and it turned out great!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom with 2 kids (21 & 11).I am always looking for something quick & easy that uses fresh healthy ingredients. As a family we try and stay away from processed foods and anything containing high frutose corn syrup. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">