Besan Chicken (Bangladesh)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup besan (flour made from garbanzo beans)
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste, divided
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Mix the besan with the yogurt, turmeric, a half teaspoon of the cayenne pepper, a half teaspoon of the ginger paste, a half teaspoon of garlic paste and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix it all together until you have a paste, then add water a few tablespoons at a time until you get a batter that is about the same consistency as pancake batter. Set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil and add the chicken. Season with salt and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from the pan and let cool slightly, then add the cumin, the garam masala and the rest of the cayenne pepper, ginger paste and garlic paste. Stir to coat and let marinade for about half an hour.
- Heat the oil until bubbles rise around the end of a wooden spoon. Dip each piece of chicken in the batter, turning to coat. Then deep fry the chicken in the oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">