Berry, Berry Good Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup pecans or 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed berries, see note below
- Preheat oven ot 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir in nuts and butter, mix until butter mixture is crumbly, set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center, add milk, butter and egg and mix just until smooth.
- Gentley fold in berries.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups, fill 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbls. of topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan, serve warm.
- Note: if using frozen berries, defrost first, and toss with 1 Tbls of the flour mixture.
Join The Conversation