Berner Rosti - Rosti With Bacon
There are many, many kinds of rosti recipes and they can be made from raw potatoes, cooked potatoes and with or with meat and cheese. Very versatile dish. The potatoes are best if cooked the day before.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes, cooked, skin on, completely cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lard (or use butter or oil)
- 50 g bacon, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Peel potatoes, grate or cut into thin strips and mix with the salt.
- Heat the butter and lard (or oil) in a frying pan. Add the diced bacon and potato and fry gently, stirring gently and frequently. If you want a slimmer version, you can pre-cook the bacon and this way omit the bacon fat.
- Bring together into a cake and cover with an upside-down plate. Fry over gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour the milk over the top and fry, covered, for about another 10 minutes. Tip out onto the plate and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked the simplicity of this recipe and of course bacon can never be a bad thing! I did find that covering the rosti for too long made it a bit mushy, so I cooked it uncovered most of the time. I would cut back on the oil and butter next time too. Great flavour and it went well with Recipe #395542. Made for ZWT7. Thanks Deantini! :)2Reply